Friday, September 17, 2010

Hello and Welcome to Globetrotter Mark!


Hyvää päivää! สวัสดี! Merhaba! G'day! !السلام
Tere! приве! Jambo!  こんにち! Guten Tag! 
  Hej! !नमस्ते Selamat datang!
您好! Hola! Xin chào! 
Bonjour!


Hello and welcome to my newest place in cyberspace! Thanks for being here.

Traveling is one of life's greatest pleasures and that's what Globetrotter Mark is all about! Traveling and everything that is related.


Wikipedia defines travel as;


"the movement of people between relatively distant geographical locations for any purpose and any duration, with or without any means of transport." 


To most people traveling is a short-term escape to rest, relax and get away from everyday stresses like work and domestic chores. While my definition of travel certainly includes those ideas, it's also about being adventurous, exploring, learning, sharing and having lots of fun. It's one of my life's pleasures and I am very passionate about it!


Please let me introduce myself. My name is Mark Lemoine and I live in Montréal, Québec, Canada. I'm in my mid-thirties, engaged to be married, and I love to travel.


Besides the escape factor, I love traveling because I am very curious and I like to learn. I get a huge kick out of experiencing different cultures, making new friends, tasting new foods, and visiting historical and other important landmarks. I also enjoy the challenge and work involved in planning and organizing any trip.


I've been traveling since I was very young. My first trip was less than two months after I was born when my mother and I flew to Moncton to meet my family. I obviously don't remember that trip but the first one I do remember was a cross-province trip my family ventured on when I was only 5. We drove all the way out to Gaspé in a small Dodge RV. I remember thinking that a sink inside a car was the coolest thing on earth. 


While I have vacationed, camped, and road-tripped a lot with my friends and family throughout my childhood, teens, and early adulthood, my travel experiences never extended outside of Canada and the United States. It wasn't until I reached the age of 27 that I got my first taste of something truly exotic and foreign.


I spent the '03-'04 Christmas break in Finland and Russia. That first experience abroad was really, really awesome and that's when I caught the 'travel bug'. I've been really busy since then and I can now say that I have adventured to 26 different countries on 5 different continents in my lifetime. I haven't grown tired of it and I can't wait to leave again! 


Anyhow, enough of that. I'm surely going to share more about myself over time as this blog aims to share my travel stories, opinions as well as some hints & tips and anything else I feel like. Hopefully you find it useful and interesting. 


One last thing before I click on the orange "PUBLISH POST" button below and sign out out of here ... I would like to invite you all to check out my very first blog Bloggin' N Globetrottin'. It's a round the world travel diary which I recently completed with my fiancée. We visited 17 countries (and territories) during a 9 month span. The blog has plenty of information, stories and loads of great pictures.


So now that the formalities are out of the way ... let's get this blog rolling!!!


Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment